Friday 14 January 2011

Getting it just right

I have to say that I am really enjoying my course thus far and I have to share why. While creating my blog yesterday I decided to make the description of my blog be, 'the world of web design and development through these eyes'. I mulled over the description thinking that having a reference to my take on web development without any graphical representation seemed flat. After discussing with Mr Edward Blokland, aka IT Director Extraordinaire, I decided to put a graphic on my blog title. Ed suggested that I use an old photo I have with me wearing green contacts. So I opened the photo in Photoshop and then realised that I had dark circles around my eyes and that the white around my irises had a pink tint to it. Well the thing about that is our lesson that day included retouching a face in a photo to get rid of the dark make up smudges around the eyes and .. wait for it .. remove some redness in the white of the eyes... hmm, happy accident; I think not. The world coming together in a cosmic symphony of pure awesomeness, maybe but I think it had more to do with me having eyes on the brain from my morning class.

I was able to apply what I learned that day in class on the blog I was asked to create, and I think it turned out brilliantly on so many levels.

Cheers to a good first week.

No comments:

Post a Comment