Tuesday 10 May 2011

Dream for Websites

We have just completed a two week course in website design using Adobe Dreamweaver. Dreamweaver is a powerful tool and I appreciate how powerful it is but I am happy that we first started looking into website design with Notepad++. Dreamweaver is great but there are a few bugs to work through to get a site working exactly the way you want it to, and that is the reason why Notepad++ has a slight edge in my books. In my mind, it is never a good idea to get comfortable with an application doing most of the work for you; it has the potential to make debugging a site a nightmare.

Off to learn about Flash and Flash actionscript

1 comment:

  1. I agreee with you. Although I still have yet to learn more about html and css, I would not like to lose the little that I do know by just letting Dreamweaver do the work for me. It is always nice to know the exact place where you put your code and styles. Writting your own code does make a lot easier for debugging as well.

    ReplyDelete